Thursday, June 02, 2005

Everybody Loves Her

THE GIRL that is. Yes, I think my daughter is precious and super special in every way, but can't people see there are two very special brothers with her?

Why is everyone drawn to the girl? She is usually the one hamming it up. The one hanging out the stroller waving at strangers passing by, but even when the boys are putting on their own little show, people still go right to AR.

And don't get me started on my parents. I realize that AR looks like a little clone of me - something that is probably quite mesmerizing to my parents, but that doesn't make her any more special than the boys. Both my parents go right to AR, hold her, tickle her...while the boys watch on. My mother keeps buying little presents for AR, but nothing for the boys. I've addressed this to her before, and it's obvious I need to address it again.

But it's not just my parents. Maybe it's just a girl-thing. Maybe they're looked at as sweeter. I don't know. But it just pains me to watch the boys watching on, and it hurts me to think that there will ever be a time they will feel second best.

So it's our job to make sure they never feel that way. We're lucky to have three such very special babies.