Thursday, September 14, 2006

First Day of School

The kids started preschool yesterday. Amazingly, they did great! I don't know why I was surprised. I guess I just didn't know what to expect. They gave us a kiss and sent us on our way. They ran to the craft table as soon as we entered, so watercolors win over mommy every time. ;)

SJ gave them a little trouble at naptime, but AR and SA went down immediately. Their teacher said not to expect such a happy experience everytime. She said in her experience the second and third week is always harder on the new kids, because by then they "get" that mommy is leaving for a few HOURS.

For now, I'm happy, they're happy, all is good. I had some reservations going into this - worried that I was starting them too soon. After seeing them playing and interacting with the other kids, I know this will be a great experience for them. I think this much-needed me-time is going to do mommy good, too!