Monday, November 13, 2006

So she says mom can't interpret forever

Our 'Parents as Teachers' lady came today. We again had the "the-boys'-speech-is-not-where-it-should-be talk". We had this talk 10 months ago or so, then they 'caught up'. Now here we are again.

At this age, which is 32 months 17 days to be exact, children progress at warp speed - where improvement is needed things often just fall into place, and other times a little guidance is needed. Again, as we did 10 months ago, we wait. Wait and see what progress they do or don't make in the months ahead then re-assess. As a mom I can't help but ask myself what am I doing to help...or hinder...the situation. I'm doing my best, but I can't help but wonder is my best good enough? I know I shouldn't put this on me...they're triplets, it's common...they're boys, again it's common...I just hate it when things are out of my control.

But as it seems with most everything, you worry and worry, and things just have a way of working out. Our PIT had a good point, she said, "Just when you get seriously concerned and take action, they get it - and you wish they would just STOP TALKING. haha"