Saturday, August 30, 2008

Things they say...

AR has been a bit too honest lately. I had to have a talk with her after having pictures taken, when she pointed out what a big lady our photographer had. Not wanting to make a point of it at the scene (you know a four year old would say, "But, mom, she DOES have a big belly"), I saved the talk for the car. I told her that it's not a nice thing to day and when she asked why, I explained that it could make a person sad...blahblahblah...

Next day in the car I hear AR fake crying, so I ask her what's wrong, to which she replies...

AR: I just told myself I have a big belly. Now I'm sad. Boo hoo hoo!!

Then today, prepping her for a family party we're having on Labor Day...

Me: AR, when we have our party Monday, if someone with a big belly comes over, what are you going to say?

AR: pausing to think...Don't come in.

Me: trying so hard not to laugh...No, AR! No! You don't say anything.

Oh boy.

----------------------------------------------------------------

SA: Mom...after we borrow (a.k.a. rent) the Spiderman Venom movie, can we borrow the Batman Scratch movie (I don't know what that means).
Me: Sure, honey.
SA: Because I sure love Superheroes. Right, mom?
Me: mmmm-hmmmmm (busy cleaning)
SA: Because I don't like princesses. Right, mom?
Me: Right, hon'.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I walk out of my room, all dressed and ready for the good ole' family photo...

AR: Mom, you're pretty like me!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

After learning we were just at school to see the room and meet the teachers...

SA & SJ, one right after the other: AW SNAP!

------------------------------------------------------------------

After cleaning SJ up from an "accident"...

SJ: You're a good mom, mommy.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of regular popcorn, I gave the kids kettle corn for snack...

SJ: This doesn't taste like popcorn. I don't know what this tastes like. I don't like it.