Sunday, June 24, 2007

Pass the Pledge, please...

so that I may dust off this ole' thing.

Wow. I haven't posted in a looong time!! A good friend of mine recently started a blog, and I thought I might stop by my own for a change.

Where I have I been? I guess you could say I got caught up in life. You know...the usual chaos. In the beginning, I was in quite the funk and was so tired of listening to myself bitch about everything, I no longer had the energy to put it into writing. The main reason for my funk was our two mortgages - which by the way, for those that were around way back when, we sold the house!!! We are now the proud owners of not two, but one lovely home. Phew! What a relief!

My other downer is me and my fatt ass. Boy, have I let myself go. I never could understand those people that lose weight in stressful situations. I love to eat. LoveLoveLove food. If I'm sad, I eat...mad, I eat...happy, let's eat! Well, given the past year - the house, the crazy kids - it was just too much. Though I've been good about exercise - almost to the point of obsession - my eating habits could use much improvement. Now that things are looking up financially, I'm working on stuffing my face less.

The other reason I've stayed away, is as boring as my calendar is, I've been so damn busy. The kids! The kids! The kids! As many people say in passing when they see us on the street, "Yes, I have my hands full!" Raising three 3-year olds is exhausting. Fall-on-the-floor-and-moan exhausting. Then to top it off, we moved in this huge house that I'm somehow expected to clean (okay, that's a battle all my own), I feel there's little time for me. Waahhh-waaahhh-waaaah! Didn't I say I was tired of listening to myself bitch? Okay, I'll stop.

Anyway, that's where I've been. I'm not going to say I'm going to post more and be better about stopping by all those blogs I used to frequent, because I just can't say. I could have all the best intentions, but then a month or two later...oops! Wasn't I going to blog more? Wasn't I going to call my grandma? Wasn't I supposed to return that book to Jen? Wasn't I going to clean out the car? My mental to-do list is neverending. But I can say, I will TRY. :)