Friday, April 07, 2006

Absentee Blogger

I know I've been a bad blogger lately. We've just been so busy - and I imagine it's going to stay busy for awhile. I don't even know where to start.

Things are going well. I'm...dare I say...happy right now. The weather has been wonderful, so we've been spending a lot of time outside with the kids. I've made such wonderful friends in the neighborhood, so I'm keeping busy. It seems someone's always here or I'm there. Though the kids are included, having a social life in any way outside of the kids had been missing for awhile. On the downside, now RD's feeling left out. He likes my new friends...but has yet to meet the husband's. He's going through a bit of what I was going through before - yearning for a life outside of (work and) the kids. I keep urging him to call some of his friends to get together, but guys are just wired different than we are. It seems he'd rather just sit around and mope, waiting for the phone to ring. Men.

On a not-so-happy note, the kids Ped and Parents as Teacher lady have both recommended the kids make an appointment with a speech therapist. Not totally unexpected - speech delays are fairly common in multiples. Now we're going through the endless paperwork, trying to figure out what all is covered by our insurance and figuring out how far we want to go. They're only mildly behind. They're not at the point of being eligible for any of the state-funded programs. They know an endless number of words, but almost all are not understandable to anyone but me, and they're not putting words together to make sentences. They make some progress almost every day, so who knows, maybe by the time we get all the logistics worked out they'll be talking.

As many of my blogs end...I smell poop, so I'm off to change a diaper. Hope all is well and I'll try not to be such a stranger!