Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Easter Recap

This is a little late, but who cares, right? We had a great - and VERY busy - Easter. We had RD's family over Sunday morning for brunch, and everything turned out wonderful. The preparations were a bit chaotic to say the least because RD had to work late the night before, but I somehow managed to get everything done.

Saturday night, I was pretty miserable. I had a buttload of cleaning to do, a casserole to make (Sausage and Egg Casserole...had to sit overnight....YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was downright amazing. Let me know if you want the recipe!), and eggs to color. All this had to be done while I limped around with fat-old-man's disease. Gout. I had gout on my left big toe. It's still sore, but has healed up quite a bit. The pain was excruciating. By the time I got everything finished, it was past midnight. I was beginning to question why I get so excited at hosting parties, but in the end, it's all worth it.

I got up at 7:00 a.m. and ran to Walgreen's to pick up a bag of shredded cheddar cheese. I ALWAYS, ALWAYS forget SOMETHING. Thank heavens for Walgreen's being open on holidays! Whew! I got home, took a shower, then ran downstairs and popped the casserole in the oven. Then 8:30-ish, I got RD and the kids up and dressed. I dressed the kids, RD dressed himself. ;) Then while RD made the kids breakfast, I made company potatoes and monkey bread (Whoa! Another YUMMY YUMMY recipe! I could've eaten the whole thing!).

Everyone got there around 10 a.m. and we chowed down right away. Everything was wonderful. I got a Honeybaked Ham, Petit-Fours from Susie G's Bakery, RD's sister brought fruit salad and his mom brought croissants. We were stuffed silly.

Then it was time for the egg hunt. It was so much fun. The kids had a great time. We really didn't think the kids would get the whole egg-hunting thing, but they picked up on it immediately. They would get so excited with each egg. They'd gently put it in their basket and run off for the next one. So sweet.

So even thought it was a lot of work, I'm glad we did it. It's always a plus having it at your own house, because as soon as naptime hits, we just take them upstairs. There's not the usual rushing home to beat clock.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter...or weekend if you don't celebrate Easter. Off to break up a fight! These toddlers can be vicious!