Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Guess what Dorothy's thinking about today

Okay. I've gotten excited over some pretty silly things, but yesterday my complete giddiness was probably a bit over-the-top. I was standing at the t.v., remote control in hand, waiting to see what Oprah was about. If it didn't catch my fancy, the kids win, they get to watch Elmo. Mommy won.

What was Oprah about? Faces behind the famous names. Who's face was I so excited about seeing? Kevin Clash. Yep. The voice of Elmo. How pathetic that a grown woman would get so excited over seeing this guy.

Just as Kevin predicted in his interview, I expected to see a little, wirey, white man with glasses. It was a tall, 45-year old black man - with a deep voice no less.

So silly as it sounds, it made my day to find that he was a nice guy. Heaven forbid mom doesn't like the face behind Elmo. That would just be awful.

Speaking of Elmo...who do you like better - Mr. Noodle or Mr. Noodle's brother? For me...Mr. Noodle's brother hands down. Yes, I'm bored today.