Saturday, March 04, 2006

Blippity Blab

Due to my total procrastination in getting my butt to the pharmacy, I have been off my happy pills for over a week now - and boy does it show. Poor kids. I even scare myself. eek! Let's move Go to Walgreen's to the top of the list tomorrow. Wait...I don't have a list. First up, make a list.

------------------------------

I have been one gassy broad lately. I don't know what my deal is. And it's not just little let-em-slip farts, these are the stankiest things I've ever smelled. Even I think they stink, and that's saying something. I've almost driven poor RD out of the house. Anyone ever try that Beano stuff? Does it work? Maybe I should try Maalox or something. I better try something before I'm living in this big ole' house alone.

-------------------------------

I'm pleased so far with the tattoo-removal process. You don't get immediate results with each treatment; the tattoo fades progressively during the weeks following the treatment. Black is supposed to be the easiest color to get rid of - most of the black outlining has disappeared. Unfortunately the colors most difficult to treat are green, yellow, pink, and purple. Wouldn't you know Betty Boop is wearing a purple nightie and holding a rose with a looong green stem, and the daisies are purple with yellow centers. Of course. You know I think the hardest part of the whole healing process is what the adhesives from the Band-Aids are doing to my skin. YAACK! My tattoos don't look irritated at all, but the skin surrounding the tattoos are red, swollen and starting to blister. Ah...the price one pays for the comfort of sleeveless shirts.

-------------------------------

Our yard is becoming a more kid-friendly zone. Our fence was installed today and their new swing set is being installed the week after next. We were planning on waiting awhile to get the swing set, but Rainbow was having a big sale last month, so we thought we better jump on the pre-season sales while they lasted. I was thinking we better wait awhile before we let the kids go at it - thinking they're too young yet - but I've been told time and time again that I'd be surprised at how fast they figure it out. Big Sigh...let it out... I keep seeing visions of trips to the ER...let's hope it's just my overactive imagination and not a taste of tomorrow's reality. Fun times. Fun times.

---------------------------

There are four homes for sale in our subdivision. Our subdivision is just a bit over a year old! I guess it's fairly common. I know the one on our street has been relocated to Florida, and the others are the build-to-sell houses. People that build then sit a year and sell to make a buck. I don't see how they do it. I HATE, HATE, HATE moving - to do it as a job. Ugh. That takes some drive. The good thing is that these houses are asking $100,000+ over the original sales price. We're not planning on moving for quite some time, but it's good to see the property value rising. Well let's hope anyway. I guess I should wait and see if these houses actually go for these high dollars.

-------------------

The diet's going well for me. I've hit a plateau at 7 pounds, which doesn't sound like much, but I'm definitely seeing results. Even though I haven't lost a whole lot, I've gone done two sizes and people are finally starting to notice. Woo hoo! Maybe I'm gaining muscle from working out...maybe my weight's just shifting...I don't know. Either way I'm hanging in there. Our anniversary is this month and we're going away for a night. I've been talking pretty big about our night, so I better keep working out if I want to have the guts to stand behind all this big talk. teehee