Saturday, June 28, 2008

Sunday Randoms

To the guy behind me at the DQ drive-thru: I was waiting for my change, a-hole, so lay off the horn, would ya? I was stopping for a much-needed chocolate cone to help relax me after a stress-filled day, so thanks a lot for adding to my foul mood. Just what I needed. Jerk.



--------------------------------------------



A big thank you to the guy at Schnuck's that 'well-helloooo'ed' and winked at me today. Maybe not classy, but seeing that only happens once or twice a year anymore (and that's being generous), I'll take it.



----------------------------------------------



I just finished reading The Other Boleyn Girl. I LOVED IT. It was so good. I highly recommend it. I liked it just as much, if not more, than another book I read recently and really enjoyed, Pillars of the Earth. These are both books that I would not normally pick up on my own, but after much persuading decided to give a try, and I couldn't put either down once I started them. Excited after reading the book, I rushed right to Blockbuster to rent TOBG movie and was very disappointed. It's a fairly large book, so I realize they couldn't include everything, but the movie seemed so empty. If it wasn't for me feeling vested in the people in this powerful story I had just read, I don't know that just by watching the movie I would've cared what happened to them. But I will say, after reading this book, I can't get enough of Tudor History. There's endless info on-line, and it's addicting. If you haven't read this book, please do. You won't regret it.

------------------------------------------

I did it. I was "that person" at step class the other day. I fell. UGH...I FELL. I'm so bad at paying attention. Once I get comfortable with the steps, I'll find myself going over my to-do list or running down my grocery list. We were doing these reverse step maneuvers...everything was going just fine when reversing back the heel of my foot just caught the edge of the step and DOWN I went. Of course when I went down I was half on, half off the thing and the step made this loud clatter against the risers. Luckily I wasn't hurt. My pride was a bit bruised, but other than that, no marks to show for it. That'll teach me to check my lists at the door.

-------------------------------------------

I got a new minivan a few weeks ago (Honda Odyssey EX-L RES in Deep Cherry Pearl...LOVE IT!). I got my first scratch on it and darn it I DID IT! ARGH! I was leaving Sam's and pulled the cart up to the back of the van so I could unload the kids and goods, when I noticed it got a little too close to my back bumper. So I tried to edge it away carefully when it just moved the wrong way and made this horrible sound against the bumper. It happened so fast, I dont' know what the h*ll I did, but I stewed over it off and on all day. I was wondering...do I get it fixed...ask for touch-up paint to do it myself? It's so small, I know I'm being crazy over such a small scratch that probably no one else will notice. But you know how it is when you get a new car...I've been washing it every weekend, actually carrying our crap in every day - where in my old van you could always count on several empty Diet Coke cans, straw wrappers, candy wrappers, forgotten toys, barretts, you name it. Sigh. I'm sure this is the first of many scratches to come, so I guess I'll let it go for now. Sniff.Sniff.