Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wanted: Happy Medium

Penis is a big word in this house, and all too often on display. Why must kids be so obsessed with privates and poop? It's all bobo's and poo. It's the reason for many sitdown discussions with the kids (SA in particular). Finally...why now, who knows...but finally the "your-penis-is-your-private-area" talk finally made an impact.

But it's starting to snowball...

Now the boy who was so proud to show his boyhood has taken it to a new level. AR was waiting her turn outside the bathroom...creeping in impatiently, as is a constant occurence here, SA starts shouting, "Get out! Don't look at my penis! It's my private area! Get out!!" Then tonight when they were all getting their jammies on he starts crying, shouting, "Oh no! Now everyone's going to see my bobo! They're going to see my private area!" Sigh.

Poor kid. I know it's confusing. You throw all these rules at them, but they're all accompanied with 'but when's'.

Maybe mom needs a book. I need help on dealing with these questions. Oy.