Monday, August 08, 2005

Crybaby

"He's the crybaby, isn't he?"

That's what my grandma said lastnight at dinner about one of our sons. "Oh...he's teething," I said. I always have an excuse, "He's teething...he didn't nap well...he's just tired...etc." But, she's right. He is the crybaby. I don't know what to do. The other two have your normal little outbursts from time to time, but are overall very good, easygoing kids...the third on the other hand...

What to do? We try not to feed into his whining. Anytime something doesn't go his way, he cries. He whines or cries anytime he wants something. He throws himself down on the floor at the drop of a hat. How do we deal with this? We, for the most part, treat them all the same. Obviously he has a more high-maintenance personality, but how do I get things under control before they escalate? Can I?

Ugh...help.