Friday, August 05, 2005

White walls be gone!

I'm loving living in a fresh, new house...everything is shiny and new! And the walls are all an awful white.

I love color. To see a white wall, I see there's something missing. We've got everything unpacked, but it just doesn't have that cozy-feels-like-home feeling yet. I don't know that it will until we slap some paint on the walls. Not to mention the very obvious lack of decorative accents everywhere you turn. We've taken on several very expensive projects right off the bat (e.g., shutters, expanding the deck *yes, ALREADY*, and silk shades in the kitchen), so it's not leaving a lot of breathing room in our bank account for fun knick knacks and much-needed lamps. RD painted our bedroom before we moved in, because we wanted it painted before the new furniture was moved in. Definitely one of our better decisions. I have no idea how those movers got it up the stairs. It turned out great - it's sort of a butterscotch color.

Being a novice at painting, I started with something much smaller - the powder room downstairs. Of course, I couldn't reach the ceiling to do the edging, so I needed RD's help afterall, but it turned out beautiful. I would call it cinnamon, but it's more of an orangish color. My next project is to paint the kids' bathroom upstairs - I'm thinking yellow. I've been nagging at RD to paint the kitchen next (olive green), so it's slowly looking like home.

I started walking around taking pictures today, so hopefully I'll have some time to download them tomorrow when they're napping.

Hmmm...smelling something funky. I think there's a poopy diaper or two waiting for me....

I'll be back later. Have a great weekend, all!