Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween!

Remember that cold RD and the kids had? As expected, I got it...and why do I always get it worse? Oh well. Aside from the endless tickle in my throat when I lie down to go to sleep and the chunky coughs, I'm feeling back to my sort-of-normal self.

The kids still all have snot running out of their noses for the better part of the day, but I expect they'll have an endless supply of snot for the rest of the season. We're such a perty family!

I had a lot of fun tonight. Once again, I got that feel-good feeling about our new neighborhood. I was worried we wouldn't get many trick or treaters due to the crappy weather, but that didn't seem to stop anybody. It was so neat to look out the window and see all the kids walking up and down the street with their parents. And to top it off, the kids were so polite. RD had to work, so my mom came over, we ordered pizza, and dressed the kids up - just for our benefit really; I didn't take them out. They're still too young to get it, but I'm hoping next year they'll be old enough. AR was a princess, SA was Elmo (he's obsessed!), and SJ was a frog. They looked adorable...of course! They were in awe of all the different characters that came to the door. I wasn't sure how they'd react, but they loved it. They just stood there and stared in amazement at each kid that came to the door. We had A LOT of kids, but we still have A LOT of candy left over. I anticipated a large crowd, so we stocked up. I told RD that whatever is left he is taking to work tomorrow. I've been eating Snicker's and Twix bars for two weeks now, and my belly izza growin'!

The kids have been a little out of sorts since the time change. I wasn't sure how we would handle it - what we would change, if anything. Before they would go to bed sometime between 7:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. and get up at 8:30 a.m., but since the time change, it's been a struggle keeping them up past 7 p.m. So I think we're just going to shift everything up an hour - put them to bed at 7 p.m. and get them up by 8:00 a.m. I think with it getting dark so early it does something to them. Even before the time change, as it got darker earlier, they just seemed ready - like they knew it was time. We'll see how things go. For now, I don't mind having more of the evening to ourselves.

I got the last trick or treater a little after 8:00 p.m. By 8:15 p.m., I turned our lights out, got in my jammies, grabbed a handful of chocolate (might as well go out with a bang!), and sat down to watch a movie. I watched the Amityville Horror remake with Ryan Reynolds. It was pretty good. Damn his body is out of control! He's got a sort of weird yet attractive face, but his body...wow. I think the original was better, but I'd say it's worth watching.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween! Time to take my tired, chocolate-stuffed body to bed!