Saturday, October 01, 2005

Little Things that Make Me Smile

  • Having the windows open. There's something about having all the windows open in the house that make things seem...I don't know...better. It's so refreshing.
  • Starting the walk to the cart return when a stranger comes up and says, "I'll take that for you."
  • RD putting his things away...without me having to say a thing. Maybe it's the new house, but he's been so great about picking up after himself. Oh...Lord...please tell me this is going to last!
  • Sleeping in until 8:30 a.m. and sometimes 9 a.m. I don't know what it is with these kids, but they've been sleeping so late some days - and I'm loving it.
  • The kids hugging me back...and doing it so tight. I love it!
  • AR puckering her lips up before I do for a great big kiss.
  • "Just because" calls from RD in the middle of the day.
  • Getting catalogs in the mail. May sound silly, but I LOVE getting catalogs in the mail. Got a mailing list? Sign me up!
  • Clean sheets.
  • The sound of my kids giggling. It's priceless.
  • Trips to the store without the kids. Again...priceless.
  • RD leaning over for a kiss or whispering, "I love you," in the middle of the night.
  • The look of lust in RD's eyes when he sees me naked. Even after three kids and having 20 pounds to go, he makes me feel like I've still got it.
  • Hearing my favorite songs on the radio from way back when and still being able to sing along to every word.
  • Hearing the love behind the word "mama." They may not know how to say that they love me, but I can feel it.