Saturday, July 12, 2008

Guess How Much I Love You

Every night since AR was about six weeks old I have sang the same song to her. She was very colicky when she was a baby and required constant holding, constant attention (some things never change!). I would sing different songs to her, but not being to up on my nursery rhymes, I soon made up my own song.

Guess how much I love you, AR, AR
You're so special to me, AR
You are the world, you're a special girl
Oh, how I love you, AR

Guess how pretty you are, AR, AR
The boys are already knocking at the door
Just to see your smile, drives all the boys wild
That's how pretty you are, AR

Guess how silly you are, AR, AR
You got your brothers laughing all the time
Just to see your smile, makes it all worth while
That's how silly you are
That's how pretty you are
That's how much I love you, AR

I have visions of singing this to her at her wedding. I love this song and love that she loves this song. She's sang along snippets of it with me a few times, but has recently been singing it with me start to finish. As she sings, she sits up in bed, closes her eyes, and sways back and forth. It's precious. Then when we're finished she claps her hands and says, "I did it! I did it!".

Well...as you can imagine...the boys ask why they don't have a song. How do you explain to four year olds the requirements of a high-maintenance baby? ha! It's as simple as them just not needing a song; she did. So AR has allowed us to share her song with the boys. Sharing her song to her means, we let them hear it, but I do try to work their names in now and then. :)