Saturday, July 12, 2008

Thinking ya missed the point

As I was putting laundry away in the the boys' room, I hear SJ calling my name from the play room - over and over again. Going in to see what he wants...and seeing RD sitting four feet away from SJ...

Me (to RD): If one of the kids calls for me (which it's always "MOM!!" they're calling for isn't it?) and you're sitting RIGHT THERE, can you please find out what it is they want instead of me having to come from another part of the house to help?

RD: Was someone calling for you?

Me: (He must be joking. Please tell me he's joking.) SJ's been calling for me.

RD: What does he want.

Me: SIGH...He wanted his pants buttoned. You're right there. I'm just saying...it would be much easier.

As I'm walking away...

RD: Well, what are you doing?

Seriously. Keep walking. Just keep walking.