Thursday, July 24, 2008

Randomness

You know what drives me nuts? The space invaders in classes at the gym. You're in your spot, they're in their's, and as the class goes on they slowly make their way into your space, pushing you further and further away from whatever spot you chose...and probably chosen with good reason - under the fan most likely or within good view of the instructor.



--------------------------------------------------



I once read somewhere that 4-year olds ask an average of 400-something questions a day. So I guess that means I have an average of 1,200 questions thrown at me a day. Yea, that sounds about right.



--------------------------------------------------



I've been contemplating getting a cleaning service. I seriously feel like a robot on auto-pilot most days. Not the mommy-part so much, but all the in between, before, and after stuff. Picking up, putting away, laundry, wiping up, dusting off, laundry, sweeping, vacuuming, dishes, laundry...and the list goes on and on. We've been go go go lately, and it's so hard to keep up with the everyday house stuff. Thing is...the kids will be starting kindergarten next Fall ('09), and I don't want to have to stop having a cleaning lady once I have one - and I know once the kids are in school full-time five days a week, there's no way I can justify even to myself paying someone to do what I can do myself. I know...I'm a broken record. If I go back in this blog, I've "contemplated" on getting a cleaning service time and time again. But a girl can dream, right?

---------------------------------------------------

I've fallen into a bad habit that pre-parenthood, I swore I would never do. Separate meals for us and the kids. I'm doing Weight Watcher's and RD works most evenings, so I'll do my Lean Cuisine meal, salad, whatever, and I'll make the kids mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, etc. That I guess is okay; but the nights RD is home and I make a MEAL, I'm usually still making them mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, etc. SJ, God love him will eat usually whatever we put in front of him, but SA and AR are pretty picky, and I usually just don't want the fight, so I give in. I've finally decided enough is enough and I'm trying to stand my ground. I made spaghetti tonight. Kid-friendly, right? SJ, as expected, gobbled it up, and to my surprise SA did as well. AR...forget it. She pouted and repeatedly demanded chips for dinner. Yes, chips. We said no and refused to give her anything else. For the remainder of the evening, and from her bed, she was crying saying she was hungry. She couldn't sleep because her stomach was growling, etc. This killed me. I felt so bad, but I know I need to put a stop to playing the short-order cook. This is night one, let's hope I stay strong in the meals to come.

--------------------------------------------------

I recently joined a book club. There are several of us girls in bunco that are always sharing our thoughts on the books we've read, we finally decided to make an official night for this each month. Our first book is "A Million Little Pieces". I am having the hardest time getting through this book. First, I hate his writing style. It reads like this...

Warren speaks.
How are you.
I speak.
I'm fine.
Are you sad?
No.
Want to go to dinner?
Yes.
We walk.
I'm not hungry, but I go anyway.
We enter the cafeteria and it is crowded.
Even though I'm not hungry, I eat.
I eat.
I eat.
I eat and eat until my stomach is about to burst.

It annoys the piss out of me!!!!!!!!!! Then...it doesn't help that I saw the guy on Oprah and didn't like him. For those that don't know...he wrote this memoir, then it turns out to be mostly fabricated. Oprah called the author (James Frey) out on his overly-embellished stories, and left him stuttering and looking like a complete idiot. That stuck. I went into this book not liking the guy, and knowing he made much of it up, has taken away the shock of the story. I read mostly fiction anyway, so I don't know what it matters, but...it is what it is. Can't wait for our next book!

-----------------------------------------------

I've eaten way too much this weekend. I swear I feel the skin on my ass stretching.