Sunday, December 26, 2004

Birthdays don't count once you have kids

RD and I joke about how people don't really care about you once you have kids. For instance, when you see someone you know, or someone calls, they say, "Hi! How are the kids (or more often, the triplets)?" - no one cares how we are anymore. It's not something we complain about, it's just a fact of life.

Funny example, my birthday is tomorrow (Dec. 27), so when we were exchanging Christmas presents with my dad and his wife, he gave me my birthday card - out fell two fifties. I look up to say thank you and he says, "We thought you could buy something for the kids with that," then I think noticing a slight look of surprise on my face, he says, "or......do whatever you want with it."

Hmmm...they had just given the kids their presents...this was a birthday card addressed to me...yes, I think the kids would like mommy to have a new pair of jeans. :)