Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I got it now

The holiday spirit that is.

My weekend at the lake did it. I love, love, love giving gifts! I love the anticipation of seeing their reaction, seeing how happy they get when they see what I carefully chose for them. And...I'm not going to lie, I love receiving gifts as well. New things are always fun - and it's always fun to see what my friends and family see as "my style."

I have our Christmas cards all ready to mail. They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. We dressed the kids up in these cute velvet sailor outfits RD's stepmom had bought for them. As you can imagine, trying to get three babies to cooperate for a picture isn't an easy task. It became obvious pretty quick that RD and I had different visions in mind for our photo. The babies were crawling all over each other, at least one would be crying at any given moment - I liked the chaos. I thought it would make for a cute picture - three babies in a heap - it made a funny photo that would give people a glimpse into what life's like around here. RD didn't see it the same way. He wanted the "perfect picture"; three babies smiling and sitting upright. Neither of us got what we wanted. The only one that turned out okay enough to use for a card was just sort of blah. Sure, they look cute, how can they not? ;) It's just not a picture I'm excited about. Plus, I took the picture then went straight to Wal-Mart. What I didn't notice was the major red-eye the kids were sporting. When I showed RD the finished product he said, "Nice devil children." Humph...oh well. I'm going to keep my eyes out for some cute photo cards from our friends; I want to ask them where they had them done. I was not at all happy with the quality from Wal-Mart. My cousin referred me to them saying they did a great job, but it looks and feels so cheap to me. It's not that I think Christmas cards are that important, but this picture on the card might be the only one some friends and family will have of the kids for awhile, so I wanted it to be nice. There's always next year, right?

We have a Christmas party to go to this Saturday, plus the regular family get togethers on Christmas Eve and Christmas day. I would like to find something fun and festive to wear. Sweaters with appliqued snowmen and Santa Clauses are not my thing, but I was thinking something more along the lines of maybe a red or green poncho. I'm not wanting to spend a lot of money so maybe Marshall's or TJ Maxx would be a good place to look.

Well...now I'm just rambling because I don't feel like doing anything truly productive - like cleaning or laundry...

I hope you're all ready for Christmas, or whatever it is you celebrate this season.

Happy Holidays!