Thursday, September 15, 2005

I guess Target wasn't meant to be today.

I've been waiting for this day. Pay Day. All the projects we've had going on, it's put a lot of the fun little purchases on hold for awhile. Then today came.

I got the kids up from their naps, gave them snacks, and changed three poo-filled diapers. I noticed AR had strawberry stains all down the front of her shirt from lunch, so I was scrambling around to find another t-shirt that would match her pink pants. Finally, after going through every drawer, found one! Then it was time to put on the kids' shoes. I found five shoes - there was one missing. After looking every place imaginable, I found it in the laundry room. Go figure. I run in the bathroom, glance in the mirror...what's that? Oh, God...please tell me it's not. Poo. I somehow managed to get a smear of poo on the front of my shirt during the diaper derby. For a brief moment, I actually considered just wiping it off and heading on our merry way. I then came to my senses and realized that if I didn't want to head out with AR having strawberries smeared down the front of her shirt, what on earth makes me think poo is okay? I quickly change and carry everyone downstairs to make our way to the van.

I rush around turning the tv and lights off when I hear, "Uh-oh." I go to see what uh-oh's about when I see AR holding my Diet Dr. Pepper can, soda dripping down her belly. Time for shirt #3. I change her shirt, no longer caring if it matches her pants, and clean up the floor. Now time to go.

We hit the road. I get about a mile when I realize I forgot my wallet. Just brilliant. I start wondering if maybe something or someone is trying to tell me this trip isn't meant to happen.


We finally get to Target, I get the stroller out of the van when I notice a white powder substance all over the seat. hmmmm. Great. It was on the floor of the garage when Pest Shield came by. The stroller was covered in pesticide. I look around for a double-seated cart, contemplating carrying the third, when I realize this trip just isn't worth it. I jump back in the car and head home.

After the hellish preparations that went into this shopping trip that never happened, I decided I better make a stop at Dairy Queen to make all my trouble worth it.

I guess we'll try again tomorrow!