Sunday, September 11, 2005

What exactly do you mean by EVERYTHING?

We were outside talking to the neighbors behind us yesterday when we got on the subject of window treatments.

Neighbor: I really like the shutters you put up. I wish we would've done something like that.

Me: We're really happy with them. It's helped so much with the heat...and we were anxious to get them up...having a corner lot. (The back of our house is visible from the street. Lots of windows...you get the idea.)

Neighbor: Yea, before you had your blinds up, I could see everything. And as if to add for emphasis, repeated... EVERYTHING.

Me: I'm sure. Nervous laughter...

What exactly did she mean by everything? It wasn't what she said as much as it was how she said it. Now I know it couldn't have been anything THAT bad because we had temporary treatments up on the bathroom and bedroom windows. Humph.

Could be a number of things...

  • Maybe noticed I point and yell a lot around the kids.
  • Maybe noticed I'm often picking my underwear out of my butt.
  • I often wiggle my butt back and forth when at the computer in the playroom. (We don't have a chair yet at this desk)
  • I really need to wear a bra more often...even if I'm just hanging around the house.
  • I kiss my babies...A LOT.
  • I lie my big butt down on the floor any chance I get when the kids are playing quietly.
  • I snicker a lot when RD leaves the room. Our yard looks great...but a great yard means lots of time for him outside...outside, meaning not inside helping me with the kids. Can't wait to get that fence!
  • I snack way more than anyone with my size thighs should.

Whatever it was, I hope she enjoyed the show!