Wednesday, September 21, 2005

No title...just a bunch of randoms

AR's surgery went well. She was so good. The nurse warned us that at her age, children are usually bears when they come out from being under, but she was a doll. She fussed a bit when she woke up - confused, not knowing where she was, but settled down really quick. We're still awaiting results on the biopsy, but the good news right now is that she is recovering well. She's as spunky as ever; you'd never guess she just had surgery.

____________

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. We're going to my cousin's baby's birthday party Saturday afternoon, then we're having some friends over for a BBQ that night, then Sunday we're having RD's family over for dinner - sort of an informal birthday party for him. His sister is going to cut the kids' hair when she's here, so we can FINALLY get some pictures done! We haven't had professional photos taken of them since they were SIX MONTHS OLD! Bad mommy! I know!

____________

I've been out of my Sarafem (a.k.a. Prozac) for over a week now. I didn't think it was that big a deal, but I can tell the old paranoid me is making her way back. I really need to be more on top of my medications. I'm awful about taking them. It's amazing I haven't wound up pregnant or in the hospital due to an asthma attack as bad as I've been. There's a drive-thru pharmacy right up the street, so I have no excuse. Just being lazy. You know the routine...keep the house up, keep the kids taken care of, (try to) keep hubby happy, and forget about me. It's the same ole' Mommy Mantra.

__________

Speaking of routines, I really need a new one. I'm bored...I think the kids are bored. It's so hard taking three out by myself. I'd love to take them to the park, but how on earth can I keep all three in line?! I'd love to let them run around in the back yard, but we don't have a fence yet and live on a corner lot, so I'm not comfortable letting them run loose back there. For now, the extent of their outside-play is hanging out on the deck. We're having a fence put in next Spring, but that doesn't give me any solutions for what to do now. It'll be easier when they get older (right? ha!), but right now when I say stop or come here, they think it's hilarious to run the other way, laughing hysterically at the top of their lungs. Maybe I could get one of those child harnesses? Do you remember that old Saturday Night Live sketch with Mike Meyers and Kim Bassinger? They were little kids at the park and he was strapped to the playset. He kept trying to run and kept getting jolted back to the ground as he hit the end of his lead. It was hilarious! That's how I picture an outing with my kids using those things. I don't think they'd be too happy.

Anyway...I'm rambling and I'm tired. Who knows if I make any sense. I'm getting over a cold and my head has that doped-up-medicine-head feeling.

Maybe I'll try going to Target tomorrow. We all know how well that's going to go! :)