Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bring On the Ho-Ho-Ho!

I am so excited for Christmas! We've had some crazy weather around here - I've had the windows open for a few days, kind of strange for November - so it's hard to believe Christmas is so close, but I'm ready!

I'm looking forward to decorating our new house. I spent the better part of the afternoon yesterday in our basement, going through bin after bin of decorations. A lot of it I need to just get rid of. My mom, God love her, is a dime-store junkie, so I have a lot of things that I've never been able to bring myself to put out (
AK, like that Christmas tree toilet bowl brush I used as a White Elephant gift last year). I know I'll never use any of it, but I've felt too guilty to throw the stuff away, but I need to either give it to Goodwill (someone would want it, right?) or throw it away, because right now all it is doing is taking up space.

We're hosting two Christmas parties this year - RD's friends (they're mine, too...but you know..."his side") on December 3rd and my dad's side of the family Christmas afternoon. It has always been tradition that my dad's side has turkey for Christmas - something I've never made. I suggested we have ham this year...that didn't go over so well; so turkey it is. RD's working on Thanksgiving this year, so I'm having my mom and my friend, C, over. I'm planning on having a small Thanksgiving dinner that night, so I'll have a trial run at the turkey dinner.

I've gotten most of our Christmas shopping done. I got most of it done while down at the lake, then did some lastnight and this morning. Now I just have our mom's, our stepmom's, and our kids to get. We're getting the kids a train set and table, along with a few little things; RD said he is getting new work-out equipment for Christmas (oooooooo-kaaaaay, I'll play), so then I told him I'm getting a new chair and ottoman for our family room. Boring, I know, but I'm going to get my fill of perfumes, knick knacks, and clothes from family, I'd like something I've really been wanting. My birthday is two days after Christmas, so I already asked him if he'd get me the
vacuum I've been wanting. We're great fun at parties...heehee! Who would've thought I'd get so excited over cleaning supplies? Welcome to the real world!

I've got a great husband who is quite romantic when he wants to be, so I know he'll pull through for me on V-Day and our anniversary in March, so for now, give the lady what she really wants. ;)

I've got a question for ya...we've become sort of friends with some of our new neighbors (I say 'sort of,' because it hasn't turned into any more than joining each other for walks around the block or talks in our yards...yet), so do I do anything? I mean...do I send them Christmas cards...give them some Christmas cookies...anything? What is a nice neighborly gesture without being too...I don't know...creepy or suggestive? I know I'm giving this too much thought, but am curious to see what the general consensus is.