Saturday, November 19, 2005

Merry Christmas to Me!

We went shopping for my Christmas present today. After searching various stores on-line, we headed to Pier 1 to look at some chairs. We saw a couple we liked, but nothing that got us too excited. RD suggested we go to Crate and Barrel. I thought they'd be way too expensive, but I love the store, so we went ahead. I still had a few Christmas gifts to buy, so the trip wouldn't be a loss.

Everything we looked at was way too expensive, as expected, then we found this. Still not cheap, but not ridiculous - and it's the perfect color! The chair and ottoman will be delivered November 29. I'm so excited!

Now the only furniture pieces we really need are end tables and a chair for the living room and a chair and bench (for the end of the bed) in our bedroom.

I'd like to get some art pieces, but I think all the fun house stuff I'm wanting is going to have to wait until after the holidays.

Our dining room walls are a dark chocolate brown. I am wanting a vintage chocolate print, but have been unable to find one that isn't too cutesy or just the wrong colors. Do you have any stores or websites you'd recommend?

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. It's taking everything in my power to keep from dragging out our Christmas decorations. Maybe I'll see if I can find a good movie on t.v.

I'm bored out of my mind.