Thursday, November 17, 2005

Fun all over the place

Bunco was a blast! I'm so excited to have a scheduled outing every month. A chance to get away from the house, the family (yes, definitely needed from time to time), and a chance to gab with the gals. Everyone was really nice and a lot of fun.

Plus, the host of the evening built the same model house as we did, so it's always fun to see what options and upgrades other families go with when building the same house.

The night before last I got a call from one of the moms I met at the Pampered Chef party, inviting me and the kids over to play yesterday morning. RD was off work, so I left SJ home with him and took AR and SA down to play. It's a win-win situation. I have just two kids to keep in line and SJ got some one-on-one time with his dad. She has a 17-month old daughter and is due in April with her second. Another mom from her cul-de-sac brought her 16-month son over as well. They kept commenting on what angels my two are. "Just wait," I told them, "They're not comfortable here yet. Let us come a few times and you'll see what they're really made of." ha!

While at Bunco, I made plans to have another mom and her two daughters (4 and 18 months) over to play. Even if it's time spent with Elmo and choo choo trains, I feel like I've finally got a social life again.

Something that's long, long overdue.