Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Moment of Insanity

We did the unthinkable. Insanity? Maybe. Over-confidence in our ability? Most definitely. Stupidity? Well....gulp...yes.

Just what did we do, you ask? It's awful, just awful.

We cut our son's hair. RD did the doing, but it was my idea, and he won't let me forget it for a second.

His hair was out of control. All over the place! SA's got this really curly hair and when it gets long, it doesn't really get, well, long, it just sort of grows...out. It just gets bigger and bigger. The boy's already got a huge head, so his hairstyle was just not helping. If my husband made one more Art Garfunkel joke I was going to snap, so I said, "Let's do it. Let's go cut his hair. Let's cut both the boys'." Due to the results of our first victim, the second son was spared.

I don't know what I was thinking. Okay, that's a lie, I was thinking, "How hard can it be?" I figured we'd just set the clipper to a 6 or 7 and buzz away. Bada-Bing-Bada-Boom. Just like that.

Three words.

It ain't pretty.

I just kept staring at him thinking how strange he looked. Poor kid. He's a great looking kid...but...that hair...well...that head that once had all that hair. I think he'd be better off had we just shaved it. Yes, it's that bad. All RD could say was, "This was your idea." And he said it again and again and again.

Now I'm taking the kids to a playdate tomorrow where we're going to meet a lot of new moms. Just how long do you think it's going to take me to blurt out, "My husband did this!" ;)