Friday, December 23, 2005

Almost There

Can you believe it's only two days until Christmas? Given the 60-degree weather around here, I sure can't! This weather is amazing. Once I hit the streets to get my groceries for Sunday, the time of year couldn't be denied. The traffic was horrendous! But I got most everything I needed. I forgot only one thing, which really is a good thing. I always forget something. ALWAYS. This time it was the rye bread for the rye bread pizzas. And actually, I didn't forget it, I just bought the wrong thing. It looked like the little rye bread loaf, but it was honey wheat or something. So it looks like I'll be braving the crowds again before the day's over.

SA gave me quite a start to the day. I walk in the boys' room and nearly gagged at the heavy stench of poo. Not out of the ordinary. But what was a surprise was to look at SA, totally naked, standing in a pile of poo. Poo smeared all over his face, his mouth (which yes, means I think he was having a good ole' nasty time eating it), and hands. I was planning on letting RD sleep in this morning since he has to work tonight, but I quickly dragged him out of bed since I had to take SA straight to the bath. How nasty. Ugh. I can't wait to share this story with him someday. "Let me tell you about the day you ate your own poo." Just lovely.

And to top it off, the kids have been acting like wild animals. Why is it after kids are sick they feel the need to act like maniacs once they're well? Are they making up for lost time? Please tell me my sweet babies will be back for Christmas!!

I don't know that I'll have time to get on-line until after Christmas, so Merry Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful time enjoying your family and friends. I can't wait to hear how you spent your holiday!