Friday, December 16, 2005

Serves me right I suppose

Be careful what you wish for. Here I was bitching on here about how busy I am...and whattayaknow? Two of the kids and I get sick, so I cancel the sitter and RD goes to his work party alone.

He's only been at this job since July, so I was looking forward to meeting all his co-workers. There's always next year, right? *smirk* Hopefully I'll be feeling better tomorrow so I can go to A's party. RD said if I'm okay, he'd stay home with the kids if they're still not feeling well. I might do that anyway - I would feel awful getting someone else's kid(s) sick right before Christmas. I can be careful to wash my hands and not touch any of their things...but my kids? Well...try telling them hands off. I don't think so.

The Parents as Teachers lady came this morning. She did the Denver Screening with AR. She did above average on everything but the fine-motor skills. This was very frustrating to me because the kid stacks everything - her carrots, her Bologna, her crackers...EVERYTHING. But when she's getting "scored" for her actions, forget it. Oh well. No biggie. I know my girl rocks. :) She'll do one of the boys next month, then the other the next.

Other fun news, we bought a new camera! Our old camera finally went kapoot, so it was time to get a new one before the picture-taking frenzy starts next weekend. It's scheduled to arrive Tuesday. So be ready for a bunch of pictures of anything and everything!