Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sample Unseen

Yet another lesson learned during this whole faux-finishing/painting ordeal. Number one priority...get a sample before letting the painter start, because what you have in mind and what he has in mind might be two different things.

One word.

UGLY

I'm talking hideously ugly. Nasty. Looks like you wiped your ass on the wall ugly. We were shooting for the plaster look...textured-sort-of-Tuscan look. What we got was a bunch of slop on the wall. Nasty stuff. So...now the painter is going to just paint over the whole mess. It is impossible to get our walls back to their original condition - they'll never be the same. Nothing we can do about that now. Ugh. Crap. I wish I could just hit rewind.

On a brighter note, my new template's ready. Mia said she's going to install it sometime tomorrow.

I'm off to mope now.