Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wrap it up

Things are slowing down a bit...sort of. Well...maybe not. I got all our Christmas cards out last week. All our Christmas presents (w/the exception of one that RD is picking up tomorrow) are bought, wrapped, and under the tree. It's so nice not to have that last-minute rush of wrapping the days before Christmas. We're going to have so much going on from now until Christmas, I wanted to be sure to get as much done as I can.

The painter is coming over tomorrow to help us figure out what the next step is for our bathroom from hell, and we have a fence guy coming to give us an estimate on a fence. RD's going to some trivia-night thing tomorrow night, so again, he won't be home (he's been working all evenings/nights lately). Friday morning we have the Parents as Teachers lady coming to visit with us and the kids, then another fence guy in the afternoon, and RD's work Christmas party that night. Saturday morning my mom is coming over to watch the kids while I run RD's mom's gift to her house (coffee table/storage unit we want her to have before Christmas, since she's hosting), then we're going to A's Christmas party that evening. Sunday...ugh...Sunday. Now...I know we have something to do on Sunday, but I don't have my planner in front of me, so for the life of me I can't remember. Monday, another fence guy. And, again, I know we have something almost every day next week, but my brain's so fried, I'm drawing a blank. To make things crazier, my neighbor behind me called today and I told her I'd bring the kids over one day next week for a playdate. It adds to the craziness a bit, but at least it's something fun - something to look forward to.

I won't even get started on the day of and days surrounding Christmas. Besides...I know I'm preaching to the choir. Who isn't busy right now? So let's all take a deep breath and remind ourselves to enjoy this busy, crazy, stress-filled time of year. It's Christmas!