Thursday, December 01, 2005

Down to the Wire

I will be so happy when this painting is all done. Good news is the base coat is finished, so we no longer have to deal with mullet man (mullet man being the man with the one-liners), but we still have to deal with the main guy, Dave the painter. He does the faux finishing. This has been going on forever. We signed the contract back in September sometime saying we'd like it to be done by December 2 (the day before our Christmas party). Now it's December 1 and he hasn't even started on the faux finishing yet. He was supposed to start this morning, but called and said he'll get started this afternoon and finish tomorrow. Talk about cutting it close.

I'm so frustrated because one, I don't want it stinking of paint in here for our party, and two, I want them done and out of here so I can get the house cleaned up. I hate all the last-minute scrambling to get everything ready the day of a party, so I was wanting to get as much done tomorrow as I can. It'll all come together, it always does, but why can't anything go as planned?

Lesson learned...don't give them a date and expect them to be done ahead of schedule just because you give them 2 or 3 month's notice, expect it to be done by THAT DATE. I guess I can't ask for much more. Lesson learned. My fault.

Some exciting news...Rick Springfield has returned to General Hospital! Okay...I don't watch General Hospital anymore, haven't since 8th grade, when I gave it up for Days of Our Lives, but back in his day, DAMN he was sexy. Remember that movie, "Hard to Hold"? I sat in that theatre seat, butterflies in my stomach, gazing at the screen, wishing he would jump off the screen and...and...you know...reach back in time and remember those teen-year fantasies you had about your favorite rocker. I wanted to do it all and more. This was the 80's folks, my fantasies consisted of some heavy necking and maybe a feel-up over the blouse. Do they still use the term necking? Do they still say petting? Ew. Anyway, I still won't be watching, but I'm excited he's back.

I'm waiting on some changes from Mia for the new look. Hopefully soon!