Monday, December 26, 2005

Visions of Sugar Plums

Well Christmas is over, but wasn't it fun? Yesterday was the longest day ever, but that's not a bad thing. It was a lot of work, but it was priceless seeing the kids so happy. I had so much fun, I couldn't sleep lastnight. I just kept replaying the day's events in my mind.

We have lots and lots of pictures, but we need to download the new program that comes with our camera, so until we do that, I won't be able to download the pictures.

We got up at 7 a.m., took our showers, ate some breakfast, then got the kids up at 8 a.m. We took them straight to their presents. The first present they opened (all together!) was the two-set Elmo - Check-up Elmo and Potty Elmo. The second gift they opened was this thing called "Learn Through Music." It has a moving screen with Elmo singing about some scavenger hunt. Once the boys saw that, they were done. AR opened the rest of the presents herself. And she got the hang of it pretty quick!! She dug right in! We got her a Cabbage Patch baby that looks just like her, and she's been unable to part with it from the moment they met. :)

Then RD and I opened our gifts from the kids. The kids got him tickets to see George Strait in February and they got me a CD/Stereo to be mounted under our kitchen cabinets. Yeahhh! Win-wins for all!

We made hash brown casserole, then headed to his mom's around 10:30 a.m. for brunch. We ate, then once again dug into presents. Between our presents and the kids', RD and I were opening gifts for close to an hour. I can't complain...we got a lot of neat things!

We headed home around 12:45 p.m., put the kids down for a nap (yea right, they had other plans) and got the house, food, etc. ready for my family to come over at 3:30 p.m. It was my first turn at hosting and it was a lot of fun. Everyone always complained in year's past about how much work it is, but I didn't think it was so bad. Other than not a single person in my family helped me clean up after we ate...but that's a different story. Thank God I have such a wonderful MIL. She's the best!

The last guest left around 7:30 p.m. RD and I did a fast clean-up around the house, then plopped ourselves down on the couch by 8:30 p.m. to veg out in front of the t.v., then were in bed by 9:30 p.m. It was a great day.

I expected the kids to be bloody awful today. We had been running, running for two days straight, and they were allowed to go wild (within reason :)) and eat their weight in cookies during this time, so I thought today we would pay the price - but they've been pretty good. I've been assembling their new toys ALL DAY, so they've had plenty to keep them occupied.

Now it's time to go play. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!! I'll post some pictures soon!