Wednesday, December 21, 2005

STAY WELL STAY WELL STAY WELL

We've recovered. Now the goal is to stay well until Christmas. December 26, if the bugs must come, so be it, but please, please keep us well until then.

Tonight was Bunco night and a couple of the ladies were saying they could feel something coming on, so (since we're all handling the same dice of course) I would wash my hands each time before I went to the food table. Yes, I'm that paranoid. It's not just that I love Christmas THAT MUCH. I do, but since we're hosting, it's added pressure.

I've been eating like crazy, as I do every holiday season; and as much fun as it has been, I'm ready to get back to some healthy eating. It sounds strange to have this thought come out, but I'm sick of all this wonderful gooey butter cake, cookies, and ordering out left and right. There's always a little bit more of me to love each Christmas. The treadmill is waiting for me, but why rush? My birthday is two days after Christmas, so I'll start being good December 28. Sounds like a good plan to me!

The kids...as crazy and destructive as they have been, they are so much fun right now. The new words never stop. And they're so sweet and loving to each other. They hug each other. Kiss each other. Hold hands. It's the sweetest thing. If one of them is getting into something, all I have to say is, "Mommy needs a kiss," and they come running over. My babies. So precious!

Well, speaking of gooey butter cake, I think I better go have a piece. Yes, right before bed. Sometimes it's good to be bad...