Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Thanks...I think

RD isn't big on giving compliments. He means well...it's just not in his nature I guess. It's something I've finally come to accept. There were plenty of occassions where I got all dressed up...walked out ready for him to melt...and...nothing. He doesn't always say the right things at the right time, but there are times when he'll surprise me and be so damn romantic that I swear someone took my husband and replaced him with the man before me!

Then there are those other times...

About a week or so ago he out-of-the-blue said, "You're more motherly now."

Me: WHAT? What do you mean? What's THAT supposed to mean?
RD: You're more motherly.

Me: Yes, I heard that...what's that supposed to mean? Is that supposed to be good or bad?
RD: Good. Gives me a look like I was crazy not to see what a wonderful thing it is he just said.
Me: Motherly is good?
RD: Yes. Again, sounding irritated that I've obviously missed what was supposed to be a compliment.
Me: Well...thanks...I guess.

Then just lastnight we were lying on the couch and he slaps my ass once...then does it again.

Me: What are you doing?
SLAP
Me: WHAT are you doing?
RD: You used to jiggle more. You're getting tighter.
SLAP
RD: See? You used to have 3 or 4 jiggles when I'd do that, now it only jiggles once or twice.
SLAP
Me: Stop it.
RD: laughs SLAP
Me: Are you done? sigh

Gosh...he better stop or I'm going to get a big head.