Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Excuse me while I bore you with some randoms

The house hunt - where do I start? Okay, I'll try to make this short. I think last I left off, RD was on his way out to look at the house I had looked at and liked (a lot!). The base price was great, but once we figured all the options we'd like, it put the house way out of our price range. We wanted to look at the next model down, but they didn't have one for us to look at. Figures the only display home they have available is the biggest and most expensive! This builder has many communities (subdivisions...whatever!), so I drove out (way out - about a 45-minute drive) to look at the model we were now considering. I loved it. RD still needs to look at it. The visiting nurse is coming tomorrow to give the kids their last round of Synagis, then he works in the afternoon, so I'm not sure if he'll be able to look at it until Friday. I think he'll like it. It's pretty much the same house as this last one, but smaller. Next step...loan approval. This is where it gets tricky. He doesn't start his job until July - he'll be getting a substantial bump in salary at that time - yet we're still waiting on the official contract, which we'd need for loan approval. The job is his, it's just that the paperwork takes a long time - why is beyond me.

Valentine's dinner was wonderful. The whole house stuff dominated most of the conversation - but that was a welcome change to all the baby talk. I love my kids, but it's nice to talk about something other than the kids once in awhile!

It's amazing how the weather can affect one's mood. We had a couple of days of gorgeous weather - mid-70's, sunny, clear sky. I opened up our one working window - the babies all stood up at the window and took in the fresh air. They reminded me of our cats - the way they held their noses up in the air, eyes squinted, breathing it all in. We were hoping to get the kids out for a walk, but with the going back and forth to the house(s), time slipped away.

I wish I had more to say, but I don't. I know my posts have been lacking any sort of entertainment value, but...again, I don't have much to say. This house stuff is sucking up every bit of energy and every thought in my head. If you're sticking with me through these boring entries - God love ya! ;)

Until next time...