Sunday, February 06, 2005

Super Randoms

RD's working tonight and I'm not into football...at all...so I think I might watch a movie tonight. I've had 13 Going on 30 sitting on top of our entertainment center for about a week now, so I should probably take advantage of RD being gone and watch my chick-flick. In the past I've watched just for the commercials, but they usually run all the good ones in the days to follow anyway, so why force myself to sit through the game?! ;)

AR has made a complete transformation in the past week. She's like a new baby. Her babbling seems to have purpose now. She'll babble on and look at us like we're supposed to know what it is she's saying, and she'll be going on and on to her brothers like she's bossing them around. She'll also raise her tone at the end as if she's asking a question. It's precious! She's been consistently ahead of the boys, hopefully they'll be starting soon.

I've been a big chicken as far as food goes with the kids. The doctor gave us the okay to start giving them table food at their 9 mo. check-up (they're 11 1/2 mo. now), but we were still pureeing everything. We would give them Cheerios and bits of cheese, but hadn't been brave to try anything else. They've recently started to seem bored with the purees, so I decided to start experimenting with more foods. For lunch this morning they had pancakes (along w/their usual oatmeal, but I added yogurt today), for lunch they had grilled cheese sandwiches (cut up of course) and their usual green beans. They're doing quite well! The only problem is that they don't pace themselves. They're fine with cheese and green beans, but when I introduced pancakes and grilled cheese sandwiches to them today, they went wild and started cramming it all in their mouths at once. I guess they liked the new menu!

John's been working a lot of evenings lately. Mardi Gras is huge here and he works at one of the city hospitals, so he said he's been slammed with drunks. He said it wouldn't be so bad if it was the silly, goofy college crowd, but he said it's been all these older, angry drunks. When we first started dating (and drinking was one of our more common activities), Mardi Gras was something we always looked forward to - we knew we had a lot of partying ahead of us. Now I wouldn't even know it was that time of year if it weren't for the stories on the local news that run after the party, and now it's a time of year RD dreads because he has to deal with the idiots that just can't handle the fun.

I know I've said this before, but I really need to do something with my hair. Something drastic. Problem is, RD loves long hair. I know I should wear my hair how I like it, but I do like to look good for him...and if he likes it long...ugh...I just don't know.

I bought RD a monogrammed-locket key chain from Red Envelope (I love this store!) for Valentine's Day. I'm going to print off a tiny picture of the kiddos to put in it...now how I'm going to fit three little heads in that tiny locket...hmmmmmm. His mom is going to watch the kids so we can go out to dinner - alone. Yeaahhh! I'm so excited. It's been so long since we've been out alone. That reminds me - I need to hurry up and make reservations somewhere or our romantic evening is going to be spent at Mickey D's!

Enjoy the Superbowl, everyone!