Thursday, February 10, 2005

One Flew Over the New Home Community

I don't know why I'm even writing. I can't concentrate on anything and don't have anything interesting to say.

You see...I have this problem. I have a bit of a...obsessive-compulsive personality. I don't mind really. I take great pleasure in getting so wrapped up in a project, I can't even see straight. RD teases me that I'm not happy unless I'm obsessing about something. He's so right. Planning our wedding? I couldn't have been happier. Think about it! I had a year and half to become a crazed maniac over this one event. People teased me saying, "What ever are you going to do with yourself once the wedding is over?" No worries - two weeks after our wedding, I started my hunt for a house. Then I obsessed on getting every room decorated just perfect. You can always tell when I don't have anything to obsess over, because our house is sparkling. If I'm not obsessing over an upcoming event or task, I'm cleaning. I then become obsessed in making every detail of our house perfect. If I've got a project going on - forget it.

So you're probably thinking, "Get to the point! What are you obsessing about now?!"

As I've mentioned in previous posts, we are planning on moving this summer. I've been looking at houses on-line for the past month or so. Okay...I never stopped looking since the first time we moved - but I've been seriously looking for the past month or two.

RD's prerequisites for a house, and mine, are quite different. One big difference we had was WHERE; well, recently he added an area that he had previously gave a big "no way" to, so my mind went racing with all the possibilities. After doing some research, I found a new home community with some beautiful homes. Wouldn't you know it takes 5-6 months to build. PERFECT!

When approaching RD with my new plan, I knew I had to keep my cool. As soon as he sees I'm excited (and let's face it - CRAZY) about something, his red flag goes up. Yes, I've been known to get a little ahead of myself at times...I've been a bit...impulsive, so I knew what to do - I played it cool. Once he got home lastnight I waited about 45 minutes before I casually brought it up. I showed him the floorplans, the price sheet, etc. I tried to act as nonchalant as possible about it...and I think it might've worked. heehee! The lots are a lot smaller than what we were wanting, but these houses are...YOWZA! The house we'll be getting now isn't going to be the house we plan to retire in. RD wants to live in this next one for five years or so, then move into our "final" home. That way he can pay off some of his student loans, get a nest egg started, etc. My argument was that we can get a big house on a small lot now...then five years down the road get a big house on the big lot. Made sense to me.

SO...we're going to go look at the lots on Saturday. Wish me luck! Just think of all the fun I'll have obsessing over the details for the next six months! WOO HOO!