Friday, August 27, 2004

Random Bitching

I am so ready for the olympics to be over. I really enjoy the olympics, but there is a limit to everything, and I've reached it with the O's. Now we're getting down to weightlifting, soccer...who cares?! I'm sure someone does, but it sure as hell isn't me. Is tonight the lastnight? Or is it Monday? I have no idea. I sure hope it's over soon!!

A woman from the local cable company just called wanting us to start using them for our phone service as well. I told her I wasn't interested at this time. "May I ask why?"..."Um, no....(click!)". Why is it when solicitors call (or come knocking on your door), they feel it is their business to know why you do not want to purchase their product? As far as I'm concerned, it's none of their damn business!

I bought some "Spaghetti Classics" meals. I know, very lazy...but they were on sale, so I thought I'd get them for when my husband's working and I'm on my own for dinner. I boil the water, cook the noodles, open the sauce packet...and it's powder! I read the box and it says: Must add can of tomato paste and water. Isn't the whole point of purchasing a "kit" meal, that everything you have is right there? Otherwise, why wouldn't I just buy a box of noodles and jar of sauce? That's one extra step I have to do. So much for easy! I had no sauce nor any tomato paste, so I slapped some butter onto the noodles. That's healthy.