Sunday, August 29, 2004

Welcome to my neighborhood

My neighbors are the biggest hoosiers. The guy across the street has this pimped-out Mitsubishi-something-or-other w/some sort of Japanese/Chinese(?) words (stickers) on the top part of his windshield. It's a black car, but he has a white spoiler. He revs the engine super loud before he goes anywhere; and of course he has to peel out. To add to his coolness, he recently bought a purple motorcycle...which he also revs (am I spelling that right? maybe it's revves.) up and peels off in. We call him the "Fast and the Furious." We don't know his name, and it somehow made sense at the time - the name stuck. It is a couple that lives there. They look to be in their early-20's. There's always a third roommate, but who that person is, is always changing. Right now I think they're in between roommates, but so far I think they've had about five or six. It doesn't matter what time of night (and having three babies here, I've gotten up at just about every time of night there is), their front door is always open, there is always a light on, and you can always see someone walking around.

The guy spends a great deal of time working on his yard. It was quite comical when they first moved in...she actually planted artificial flowers! Nice, real nice. Their landscaping taste has improved over the past couple years, but what gets me is that they spend so much time on their landscaping (and probably money), but yet they'll leave his bike tarp in their front yard for days, the hose just lays out in the front yard, there's random junk here and there, their driveway...ugh, don't get me started on the crap in their driveway!

At least the guy waves at us or says hi back (we make an attempt to be friendly). All the girl does is walk around half naked with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and a cordless phone up to her ear.

What started this blog was me trying to escape from the sounds of Jessica Simpson singing something about feeling beautiful with just her t-shirt on. Our wonderful neighbors are unloading their car (along with two other cars filled with their fun-loving friends) after what looks like a camping or float trip, and they're blaring the radio from one of the cars. Amazingly, my kids are managing to sleep through the madness. I came to the basement, hoping Jessica's voice isn't as clear down here.

We're planning on moving next Summer. You can bet I'll be surveying our potential neighbors a lot better than I did here. LOL