Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Cantcha throw the girl a bone?

We were going to meet the builder lastnight to go over our options (yes, we are officially building a house! WOO HOO!). I've been chained to the house a bit with the kids, so I haven't been out much. Most any occasion now calls for some gussying up. I had my little bag filled with new make-up from Lancome, so I thought I'd have fun experimenting.

I was feeling pretty. No. I was feeling DAMN PRETTY. I'm sure you ladies have been there. I walk out of the bedroom donning my new face - waiting for his reaction. Nothing.

That's okay. I didn't do anything drastic. It was very subtle really. But to me it was obvious that I was looking much prettier than I would on your average day.

Several hours later, I go up to RD and say, "Do I look different?"

He immediately got that panicked look men get when they realize they missed something they were supposed to notice.

RD: What did you do? Um...help me out.

Me: Nothing big. I just...my make-up's different.

RD: Leans in studying my face.

Me: Can't you tell?

RD: Looks the same. It doesn't look any different.

Me: Yes it does! It's better. The application is pretty much the same, but it's different colors, better make-up.... It's smoother.

RD: Scrunches up face as if to say he's sorry. Can't tell. Looks the same.

Me: *Long sigh* Oh well.

At least I feel pretty. All that work and...

RD: You always look pretty.

Me: Heart melting. Aw...you're so sweet. Thank you.

Great recovery!