Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I've got nothing to say

It's been a crazy week and I'm physically and emotionally drained. RD's aunt died (actually it's his grandma's sister) several days ago. My SIL called RD's mom to tell her about her dying and MIL was all confused. She didn't know what day it was and she had a large bump on the back of her head. We live only five minutes away from her, so RD rushed over and took her to the hospital. They're pretty sure she had a seizure. She used to have them pretty regularly when RD was little, but it's been something like 20 years since she's had one. They're sending her home with some meds and have instructed her not to drive for six months - which I can tell you right now is going in one ear and out the other. She's got a very stressful job that runs her ragged, and there's no way she's going to miss any more work than she sees necessary.

It seems the seizures she had years ago were brought on by stress, so it's highly likely this job she so loves is probably the primary cause of this latest episode. Now RD and his sisters are making it their mission to talking her into a less stressful position. I don't see them succeeding, but we shall see.

That's all I've got. I guess I did have something to say.

Now I'm off to eat some Girl Scout cookies. Those damn Girl Scout cookies!