Thursday, March 17, 2005

St. Patrick's Day Randoms

Remember the dumpster we rented? Well, in an effort to help beautify our neighborhood (and in turn making our house more sellable!), RD told the neighbor catty-corner to us that he could use our dumpster to get rid of some stuff if he'd like. Said neighbor was very happy to hear this and told RD he'd be taking him up on the offer. As you can imagine, we were thrilled because we've been staring at this stuff for close to four years now. I woke up this morning, look across the street, and what do I see? The neighbor directly across the street must've seen his neighbor hauling this stuff to our dumpster and decided he wanted it. Now instead of it being catty-corner to us, it's right out front. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

RD and I have been hemming and hawing over whether or not to get the boxed bay window in the master bath for the new house. It's only $1,600 - and I say "only" because in the grand scheme of things it just doesn't seem like that much - but we KEEP SAYING THAT. It didn't seem like much to add the window in the kids' bath, the crown molding in the dining room, the open stairwell to the basement, the extension to the deck, the pedestal sink in the powder room...I could go on and on. See where I'm going with this? We've added so many seemingly "little" things, we're now close to $30,000 more than what we had planned on spending. We're thinking we're going to make a good profit on this house and it looks like we'll be getting some money from RD's aunt's (who recently passed away) estate, but we still need to furnish this place. My belly's turning just thinking about it. Ugh. The way we deal with things is through humor. Our latest saying has been (to say with a shrug), "What's money?!" Usually followed by nervous laughter. Sure we might not have furniture for this big house, but damn it's going to be nice!

RD pointed out something that made me hang my head in shame. And for him to say ANYTHING regarding my weight or eating habits...you know it's got to be bad. I've been eating non-stop lately. I've been lucky in that I haven't gained any weight, but at this rate it's just a matter of time. I don't know what my deal is! I just can't stop! I was doing so well for so long, but it's all been shot to hell. You know what the problem is? The kids are now eating real food...table food. What do they love? Cheese. Mama loves cheese, too. And Bologna...and pancakes...and chicken nuggets. Then I get this attitude that if I've already been bad today, I might as well go all out. I ran to Target lastnight and thought, "What the hell?! I might as well get some Reese's Peanut Butter cups!" Knowing I was spinning out of control, I ate them before I got home. I even hid the wrapper in my purse so RD wouldn't see. What's the matter with me?! I was doing so great and was just getting ready to buy a smaller pair of jeans and VOILA! I didn't just fall off the wagon I leaped off! I've soooo got to so something about this. I just don't care enough yet to do it. Bleh.

RD's mom is home. She's going back to work Monday and we've agreed to drive her to work as often as possible. We've got something big in the works....but I don't want to dish about it here just yet. I'll spill as soon as things are more final...maybe Monday?

Until then...Happy St. Patty Day to ya!