Friday, March 11, 2005

Go Babies! Go Babies!

Exciting news on the homefront today...

SJ took his first couple steps lastnight! He has since forgotten how to do it, but it's progress, my friends, progress! He was so proud - giggling away, looking back and forth at RD and me, making sure we saw his accomplishment. I just sat there with my jaw hanging open - in shock - eyes welling up with tears. I'm a sap I tell ya.

I think I've mentioned before...our babies aren't wanting anything to do with sippy cups. They chew on the spout, but they just aren't getting that they have to tilt the cup up to get anything out of it. At the recommendation of some other triplet moms, I purchased some straw-sippies. They still just wanted to chew on the rubber straw...loving it; just not catching on. We got excited when they'd get a mouthful of milk - but I think it was by accident. We'll keep practicing...

AR is still going around saying Duuuude, well more like Duuuuuuu-wah. I think it bugs RD, but I think it's adorable. It has replaced DeeDee (daddy) lately, so I guess I can see why he's not loving it so much.

SA had been really good at pointing out our noses. It looks like he's now catching on that mommy and daddy are not the only ones that have these funny-looking things, so he's now pointing out everyone's nose - news anchors on TV, AR's and SJ's, and the animals on their flash cards. Friends or family will be playing with them and they'll jump and say, "Ahhh! He's trying to pick my nose. " No, he's just trying to show you that you have one. That's my boy!

So that's what's new with the kiddos. Keeping us smiling as always.