Thursday, April 28, 2005

New House Stuff

We went out to the new house yesterday. Here are some pics...

April 2005 102
Front of House

Back of House
Back of House

April 2005 104
Standing in Family Room, facing Living Room

April 2005 106
Standing in Upstairs Bonus Room facing stairs (from left - guest bedroom, boys bedroom, girl bedroom, hall bath)

April 2005 105
Standing in Bonus room facing entry to Master Bedroom

We decided to change what kind of brick we want on the front of the house. We had originally picked the brick when driving around looking at the other houses in the neighborhood (it's next to impossible to make a decision just by looking at the samples on the boards). When driving by the other day, the house with the brick we originally picked, looked sort of orange. We wanted a more red-based brick. We went with another one that is more red with some black and white accents here and there. I think it will look a lot better. This brick will go well with the white siding and black shudders.

I was talking to RD again about wanting to get someone to clean the new house when we move. To my surprise he said, "I don't have a problem with that. It's probably a good idea. You're constantly cleaning here and look how small this place is. We should probably look into that." I was stunned speechless. I don't know what I was more excited about - him saying we could get a cleaning person or hearing him say (that he's noticed) I'm constantly cleaning. It's a small victory, folks, but it makes mama happy. I don't know whether or not we'll get someone to clean. I never really expected it, I just had fun teasing about it. There are plenty of other things I'd rather spend our money on, we'll just have to see how things go.

Now I'm off to enjoy the wonderful rainy weather we're having here today. Bleh. I guess I could do some packing...or cleaning...or even better, catch up on the many blogs I've missed out on the past couple days.

Until next time...