Thursday, October 14, 2004

Do-ta-do-ta-do...dum-dee-dum-dee-dum

What a dreary day. It's cold, it's raining, and it's so darn quiet around here. The babies are napping and so is RD. I was invited to go to a girlfriend's house for a playdate, but I turned it down. RD doesn't go in to work tonight until 11 p.m., so I was thinking that we'd have a nice, relaxing day together. He got up to help me get everyone fed this morning, very reluctantly I might add, then went back to bed. He hasn't been up since and it's now 1:15 p.m.! I don't see how he can sleep like this when he slept 8+ hours lastnight. Heck, I'm just jealous. :)

So now I'm hanging out on the computer, looking for things to do. It's too blah out to clean. I don't feel like doing anything.

What I am excited about is going out to dinner with my friend, D, tonight. We are going to dinner then to Babies R Us. She wants me to help her with her registry and I need to drop some serious cash on the babies. I need to get SA's new car seat, another gate, some sippy cups, a toy or two, and some warm pajamas for AR. I'm excited that I get to miss the 6:30 p.m. feeding, but I'm also kind of sad. Sounds silly to some I'm sure. That's their last feeding of the day and I really enjoy the time I have with them right before bed. I take turns holding each of them as they coo at me, rubbing their eyes between smiles.

Humph...what to do. I am so dang bored. The babies are snoozing away and I can't think of a thing to do. How wacky is that? I could read...but it would just put me to sleep. Clean...nah. Take a nap...the babies will be up soon and it will just make me groggy the rest of the day. I should just lie on the couch with the remote control, flip the channels, and enjoy the quiet. Yes, that's what I'll do. I haven't done that in a long time.