Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Hollywood Minute

I've always had this strange fascination with celebrities - maybe it's because I grew up reading the National Enquirer instead of Highlights. Whatever the reason, one of my favorite ways to relax is to kick back with a bottle of Bud (or a glass of wine, depending on my mood) and read Us Weekly to see what's going on with the celebs today. Tacky to some, but admit it, we all have our guilty pleasures. :)

Here are some, yes, more random thoughts, this time on the Rich and the Famous!

  • Maybe it's in an effort to "keep it real" as they say (puh-leeze), but I can't help but let out a moan when these celebrities go on about how ugly they were in school, how they were a nerd, etc. I've often heard these rail-thin actresses and models going on about how they eat whatever they want (How's that cheeseburger, Lara Flynn-Boyle?); that their metabolism is just that fast. Sure, I believe that. Tyra Banks was just on the Ellen Show the other day talking about all this cellulite she supposedly has. I'll show ya cellulite! Ugh.
  • I'm really sick of Britney Spears. Have you noticed her mouth? It's HUGE! In many of the countless photos of her, her mouth is hanging open, I guess in laugh...but damn, it's huge. I also want to say to her, "Take that damn gum out of your mouth!" Always with the gum! I sound like my grandma! LOL
  • Speaking of mouths - I love Angelina Jolie. Love her. If I was bi-curious...if...she would be at the top of my list. Maybe second...after the cellulite-covered Tyra.
  • If you look at the pictures today of celebrities, then look at a photo from, say, 20 years ago - what's different? 20 years ago they looked about 20 years older than they do today. Gotta love Botox! That and the duck-bill that's popular now. Everyone in Hollywood is walking around with that pouty, swollen, upper lip.
  • Speaking of looking better as you age...what's up with Oprah? She's gone up and down many times over the years, but holy crap, woman! She looks amazing! Her skin, her suddenly slim waste and thighs. hmmmmm...
  • Seal...what's up with his face? It's a mystery. Please tell me. Are those scars? Tattoos? Something's funky with his face.