Monday, January 03, 2005

Free Endorsement

I love renting movies, but as you can imagine, it's pretty hard getting out to rent them, let alone return them.

I was talking to my neighbor about Netflix, and it sounded like a great deal. For a monthly-fee of $17.99 you can rent three movies at a time, they ship right to your door, there are no late fees, free shipping, when you're done you just drop them in the mail, and there's no commitment.

Blockbuster is now running the same deal, and if you sign up before the end of this month (1/06) you get two weeks free, then it's $14.99 a month. So if you're wanting to try it out, this is a good time.

Our first three movies just arrived today - The Manchurian Candidate, Garden State, and The Door in the Floor (based on the first-third of John Irving's book A Widow for One Year - a very good, sometimes depressing, read). I'll let you know what I think of these!