Friday, January 07, 2005

Movie Reviews

The Door in the Floor - I really liked it. I'm not so sure someone who didn't read the book (A Widow for One Year by John Irving) would like it. I already felt emotionally-connected to the characters, so I don't know if that's why I enjoyed it so much. I would recommend it. On a scale of 1-10, I give it an 8.

The Manchurian Candidate - Ummm...pretty good. I liked it...didn't love it, but it was pretty good. RD and I debated off and on for the rest of the night about the ending. I don't want to give it away if you haven't seen it, so I'll just leave it at that. The thing that bugged both of us was the sound quality. Not that there was anything wrong with the DVD itself, it just seemed like the characters were mumbling or something. RD and I kept asking each other what the person said. We had to have it turned up real loud to hear the dialogue, then we'd get blasted away when music would play. On a scale of 1-10, a 7.

We still haven't watched Garden State yet, but I'll let you know what I think of it once we do. We'll probably watch it this weekend.