Monday, January 31, 2005

Plug it in

I've mentioned a few of these before, but I thought I'd make a list of some of my must-have's:

Caldrea Diaper Pail Freshener - This is an absolute must in our house. When you've got massive amounts of poopy diapers in your home, this is a nose-saver. It does an excellent job ridding the pail of the smell, and smells wonderful itself. A little pricey, but well worth it.

Clorox Wipes - I've mentioned these before, but again, a must. I use these for the obvious: kitchen counters, bathroom sink, highchair trays - but they're also great for wiping down toys after the kids have been sick or just for general cleaning when the toys get down right gross.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser - Okay, could someone please tell me how we survived on this planet without these? Okay, seriously, these are awesome. Sure, if you clean immediately after every single mess you might be able to get the gunk off in one swoop, but really, who always does that? For those of us that get to the mess after it has caked itself onto the surface, clinging for dear life, not ready to leave anytime soon, this is the product for you. We use our microwave A LOT, and sure enough it shows. I can clean the inside by wiping the surface one time. You heard me folks, one time. It's just that good.

Swiffer Dry/Wet - This is something that needs to be done daily in our home. Without a dog to eat up all the Cheerios and cheese that flies about around our kids, it's left to us to clean up. I don't care what brand you use, but this product rocks.


Shout Wipes - Don't leave the house without a handful of these! These work wonders in getting the stain out of your shirt from that big forkful of dinner that fell on your chest.

Pond's Make-Up Remover Towelettes - I sure wish I had these back in my early-20's. Crawling into bed after hitting the club scene (that sounds SOOOO ridiculous to me now!!), washing the make-up off my face just wasn't the priority it should've been. Now a wild night for me is keeping the kids up past 8 p.m., but I'm still loving this product. The easier the better.

Lancome's Ombre Perfecteur - I have the hardest time getting eye shadow to stay put. This product works wonders in keeping your eye shadow where it should be - ON YOUR EYELIDS - all day, without caking up. Love it!

Edy's Grand Light Ice Cream - This stuff is so good it should be outlawed! I'm telling you...if this is in my house, I will not stop until it is gone. That is why I limit how often I buy this yummy tub of goodness. When they say that it is so good that you'd never know it's light, they mean it. Really!

Hendrickson's Salad Dressing - mmmm-mmmm-mmmmmm. Fat-free and DELICIOUS! I use it as salad dressing every now and then, but like it even more just to dip veggies in or use as a marinade. In the Summer I like to cut up cucumbers and onions and pour Hendrickson's on it. Yum!

Stacy's Pita Chips - LOVE these! The only place I've been able to find them so far is Sam's Club - and the only flavor they had was "Simply Naked." It was simply yummy, dahling! AND, not too bad for you either!